Volunteers are vital to the success of many of our programs and events at NOR. Without your help, we could not provide many of our programs and events that make NOR such a great community to live, work, and play.
Spend some free time helping your neighbors at NOR! Meet people, make friends, explore new interests and make a contribution to your community by volunteering! Opportunities range from a few hours on an occasional basis to ongoing jobs that require specific skills and responsibilities. Some of the areas for volunteering are with the Senior Adult Program, Sports Programs, Children’s Learning Centers, Community Centers and special events.
Conditions Of Volunteer Service With NOR
All volunteers must complete the following before they are assigned for service:
- A Volunteer Application and maintain current information with each program
- A Fingerprint Questionnaire
- A fingerprint clearance through the California Department of Justice
Volunteer coaches are needed throughout the year. If interested contact the Personnel Office at (661) 392-2000.
- JANUARY: Afterschool Basketball (Paid and Volunteer Coaches) and Primary Basketball (Volunteer Coaches)
- JUNE: Youth Summerball (Volunteer Coaches)
- AUGUST: Youth Tackleball (Volunteer Coaches)
- SEPTEMBER: Afterschool Flag Football and Volleyball (Paid and Volunteer Coaches)
- OCTOBER: Primary Flag Football (Volunteer Coaches)
Home Delivery Drivers
Help our “Meals on Wheels” program by delivering meals between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m, Monday through Friday. Our Driver’s deliver meals to seniors and disabled individuals who are home bound and cannot come to the lunch program at the nutrition sites. Some of the other duties that volunteer driver’s may assist with include: packing meals, check the temperature of foods while on delivery route, deliver meals to participants using their personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed at the current IRS rate). Contact the Rasmussen Senior Adult Center at 661-392-2030 for details.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact the Personnel Office at 661-392-2000. Let us know what area you’re interested in volunteering for so we can connect you with the supervisor. Upon the supervisor’s approval, an appointment will be scheduled for fingerprinting and paperwork. You can download and complete the following forms prior to your appointment.NEW Volunteer Packet.pdf