North of the River Recreation and Park District (NOR) plans to take our 50 year old outdated swimming pool at North Beardsley Park and turn it into a fabulous skate park for everyone in the community to enjoy. With skateboarding a popular recreational activity and Bakersfield home to a large skating community, the North Beardsley Skate Park is sure to see a lot of action when it is completed next summer. NOR has partnered with Spohn Ranch, the premier skate park designer and builder, to take an eyesore and turn it into a destination for skateboarders of all ages.
In order to create the best skate park possible, we need your help by donating in-kind material/services that can help make this park bigger and better. Some of the items we will need:
- Demo, hauling & disposal – concrete, tile, steel, cinderblock, etc.
- Fill material (structural)
- New corrugated steel for shade/bleacher area
- Strip grass & topsoil, hauling & disposal
- Temporary construction dumpster
- Base rock
- Concrete supply (7.5# sack)
- Rebar (#3)
- Dobie blocks
- Framing lumber (plywood, 2×4, 2&6)
- Salvaged materials (industrial grade)
- Drains & drain lines