IS NOR CANCELLING PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES?
As the health and safety of our staff, volunteers and community members is of utmost importance to us, the decision was made to cancel/postpone all programming, facility rentals and events through the end of April
UPDATED: all existing postponements and cancellations announced last week are extended through the end of April.
• The NOR EASTER EGG HUNT scheduled for Saturday, April 11th is CANCELLED.
• MLB: PITCH, HIT & RUN scheduled for Saturday, April 18th is CANCELLED.
• NOR LIFEGUARD CLASSES scheduled to begin on Saturday, April 4th have been POSTPONED.
• COACH JORDAN BASKETBALL CLINIC & WORKSHOP scheduled for Saturday, April 25th has been POSTPONED.
• BRICKS 4 KIDZ sessions scheduled to begin Monday, April 6th have been CANCELLED.
• SPRING BREAK CAMP scheduled to begin Monday, April 6th has been CANCELLED.
• SPRING ADULT BASKETBALL season that began Monday, March 16th has been CANCELLED.
• SPRING ADULT VOLLEYBALL season that began Tuesday, March 17th has been CANCELLED.
• TOT T-BALL SPRING SESSION 2 scheduled to begin April 18th has been CANCELLED.
• SUMMERBALL – ALL LEVELS scheduled to begin May 4th has been CANCELLED.
• NOR CHOIR SPRING SESSION currently under way has been CANCELLED.
• BALLROOM DANCE currently under way has been CANCELLED.
• JUNIOR THEATRE LION KING CAMP scheduled to begin Monday, June 1st has been POSTPONED.
• CO-OP PRESCHOOLS SESSION 3 currently underway at Greenacres and Riverview have been CANCELLED.
ARE THE NOR COMMUNITY CENTERS OPEN?
As of March 18, all NOR Community Centers will be closed to the public until further notice. This includes:
• Greenacres Community Center, 2014 Calloway Drive
• Rasmussen Center, 115 E. Roberts Lane
• RiverLakes Ranch Community Center, 3825 Riverlakes Dr.
• Riverview Community Center, 401 Willow Drive
NOR Staff will still be available to take your calls. Due to anticipated increased call volumes, you may experience delays. Should you have a question and experience a delay in getting through via phone, please submit your question via the form available on our website at norfun.org.
ARE THE PARKS STILL OPEN? UPDATED - 04.06.20
All open turf areas and walkways of our parks will remain open until we are directed otherwise by the local health department. The tennis and pickleball courts are locked and we are strongly discouraging use of any playground equipment and the basketball courts as they do not meet the current CDC guidelines.. We encourage you to continue visiting our parks, as regular exercise is essential to physical and mental well-being. However, when visiting please follow all CDC guidelines regarding social distancing (stay 6' from others) and increased personal hygiene protocol (washing your hands regularly, keeping your hands away from your face and bringing hand sanitizer with you if you have it) At this time, most NOR park restrooms are closed, due to staff availability limits. Please plan accordingly when heading out to a park.
HOW DO I GET A REFUND?
Refunds for programs, classes and reservations that were cancelled in the period covering March 13, 2020 – April 30, 2020 will be applied to your household account.
Should you wish to receive your refund via check or credit card credit, please visit our website at norfun.org and click on the link on the homepage. Fill out and submit the form. Your refund will be processed in the manner you paid (check for those who paid by cash or check; credit card credit for fees paid by credit card). Please note: refund requests will take 3-4 weeks to process.
We appreciate your patience and understanding, as we continue to monitor this unprecedented situation and encourage you to stay up to date with COVID-19 facts through the CDC, the California Department of Public Health and the Kern County Department of Public Health.