The 2023 parade will take place on Saturday, December 9th at 10:00 am. This year's theme is "A Christmas Carol: Past, Present & Future" Acceptance of entries is subject to the approval of North of the River Recreation and Park District (NOR).
For more information contact Nikki Lopez at 392-2000 or via email.
Entry deadline for marching bands is Friday, November 17th by end of business.
All other entries are due Wednesday, November 29th by end of business.
NOR is not responsible for accidents to persons or property.
- All entries must be propelled by people or animal power. NO gas or motorized vehicles will be permitted to appear in the parade.
- All entries must be decorated and all individuals in the parade must be dressed in the spirit of “A Christmas Carol: Past Present & Future."
- For identification and line-up purposes, all Parade entrants will be given an entry number to display on the front right side of their entry. Please make sure that you have someone designated to carry/display your entry number.
- Only the name of the school or organization and the entry title may be displayed.
- All materials must be fireproofed.
- NO candy, food or toys are to be thrown.
- A 30 second performance will be allowed at the judge’s stage ONLY. No stopping along the route.
- Santa Claus may NOT appear in any entry.
- All music must be Christmas themed.
- Music is only permitted at time of performance at the judge’s stage.
- Animals must be restrained by harness, leash, etc. at all times.
- Each animal entry MUST be followed IMMEDIATELY by a clean-up crew.
Failure to follow the parade regulations may result in denial of application for future NOR parades.